Monday 22 July 2013

Late Night Writing

Whichever day of the week it may be, once the sun has dunked its head into the horizon and the night takes hold, my will to write becomes stronger.

My imagination becomes more vivid and my thoughts become clearer. I'm not saying I can't and won't write during the day, ofcourse this is the case. However it all seems to fit together better under the metaphorical sheet of darkness that night brings, or perhaps the more real duvet.

Why is this? Is it because the internal bodyclock is trying to relax and therefore the thoughts of the day have dwindled away, leaving room for new ideas. Although the silence and calm can also lend well, especially when in a busy home.

Whatever the reason, if writing at night does anything, it eventually sends you off to sleep and if your lucky, some rather interesting dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment