Saturday 4 May 2013

Losing Your Handwriting Skill.

With the continued onslaught of technology, making its place into every foreseeable aspect of our current and future life's, where is the place/need for handwriting?

I grew up and learnt to write using a pen and paper and nothing else, however I now see that children are adapting themselves to writing via their technology, negating any need to use the 'old fashioned' pen and paper route. This appears to be happening at an increasingly younger age as time goes forward.


I noticed this myself when having to put pen to paper (on that rare occasion) recently. I had to give the task that tiny but more thought than I really should of needed to, and that's a real shame. The art and the majesty of the written word should not be lost but I fear soon enough we will be so accustomed to tapping rather than writing, that any need to write with a pen will be made exclusively for signatures and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment