Saturday 2 March 2013

Entropia Universe..

This is one of those games I have recently come across which both intrigues but also completely puts me off.

The prospect is good and the mechanics of the game are much the same as many other games. A similar game I find is Eve Online whereby this also has an active, user fuelled economy. This game however, takes the user created economy to the next level. The currency can be exchanged into USD, this therefore means that every item, every piece of land, vehicle or accessory has a real world value to it. This has resulted in a lucky few people being able to make a living from this single game and good for them (although this would not be easy as first thought, and would also involve taking significant risks/investment, unless they happen to get lucky).

The main reason this puts me off is, although I may pay a monthly subscription for a game, this is done automatically and is not something I give a second thought over. If I were to want to invest and buy items in a game to help me progress, where each item i buy would be considered as a real purchase, this for some reason gives the whole transaction a different feel. I can see this mechanic causing people to also get too involved and plunder much more money than they would of ever done in a standard MMO.

The only other thing to mention is that the game has some of the best visuals in an MMO to date, just be sure to get yourself a powerful enough rig to make the most out of it. Personally, I'll stick to playing the standard stuff, but for anybody than ventures into this game, good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment