Tuesday 8 January 2013

Book Thoughts: The Hobbit

The Hobbit is about a happy go lucky (or in this case, very very lucky) Hobbit who stumbles upon unexpected adventure when a wizard by the name of Gandalf knocks on his door.

The book is a must read, especially with the first film that has been recently released, which will be in a series of three that are expected to be premiered over the next few years. I read the book before watching the film and am glad I did. Although lots of people may of suggested not to, as 'the book will ruin the film' and vice versa, I must disagree.


The Hobbit keeps you entertained throughout and is a book you would rather not put down. Personally, it is a book which I could read from start to end in one sitting (if only I had enough time). From its quirky characters and signature landscapes from The Lord of the Rings saga, plus its never ending adventure, it is rightfully an instant classic. It would appear that the film has largely elaborated on the story, from what I remember, the ending to the film is still relatively close to the beginning of the book.

A renewed fan of Tolkien having never read this book before, I'm looking forward to seeing the film trilogy pan out over the coming years.

No comments:

Post a Comment