Monday 28 January 2013

Rant: Logging Into Guild Wars 2!

I have been trying to login to Guild Wars 2 this afternoon, and it would not let me login. My first assumption was that this was due to the fact that I had not logged in for a month or two and I had forgot my password (although I was certian I had it correct).

I clicked the 'recover my account' button and this led to a webpage that was currently unavailable. From this, I then clicked onto the 'reset my password' button, this link was also not working. From this, I then went directly to the website and went through the reset process, after fully entering the serial code from the box, amongst other details, I successfully reset my password.

I tried to login again and it still tells me my details are invalid, both username and password. I could reset it again but id have to enter in the serial code again.

Not to mention the other various times it has asked me to authorise my location because im logging in on a different device, although I don't turn my router off and I use the same computer. I had to disable this function.

Result. MMOs sometimes may not realise how fickle the genre is and due to the wide competition there is out there, it is very easy to move on. I gave up and began to boot up WoW so I can plow through, up to level twenty, to see if I want to get back into that instead.

Games can have security but some are overly done. It is only a game at the end of the day and I find it easier to login to things that should be more secure (like banking), than I do into this game.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment